SDG&E Utilities Conversion
Clear Skies Ahead
CityWorks is building a first-of-its kind customer care service to support SDG&E and various city partners, including the City of San Diego, as they continue to underground electrical utilities. This effort will result in better views for residents and improved streetscapes. CityWorks is supporting inter-agency coordination and leading the design and implementation of customer engagement efforts for projects throughout San Diego County.
Through this new service, CityWorks is the first point of contact for customers to anticipate their needs and offer assistance. Our team’s unique combination of using best practices for stakeholder engagement, communications and graphic design enable us to get the attention of customers, keeping them informed during construction and engaged throughout all phases of work.
Keeping an area’s community leaders current on project progress is an important role that our team plays. CityWorks also supports SDG&E with inter-jurisdictional coordination through presentations, preparation of collaterals that provide district-specific updates, and pole removal events.
- Messaging development and brand maintenance strategy
- Comprehensive engagement plan and operations manual
- Design and content development of collaterals and web pages
- Customer research coordination with the SDG&E Voice of the Customer team
- Proactive customer and stakeholder engagement including one-to-one outreach, fact sheets, FAQs, mailers, e-blasts, social media posts and inquiry management
- Presentations and pole removal events for jurisdictional and community leaders
- Surveys to assess service quality and provide recommended improvements
San Diego Gas & Electric
San Diego County, California