Senior Account Manager - Stakeholder Engagement
Love leading a team to make our communities more livable, sustainable and equitable? If so, we are looking for you! Civic-minded, energetic, creative and inter-disciplinary firm specializing in communication and stakeholder engagement services seeks like-minded, strategic, skillful and experienced Senior Account Manager. If you thrive on leading and mentoring a close-knit and dedicated team of professionals to effectively engage stakeholders in public improvements, then this may be perfect position for you. Specific interest and experience in developing and implementing public and key stakeholder engagement programs for water, energy, transportation and land use projects is required. Candidate should enjoy working in a boutique firm and being a key player in helping it retain existing clients and attract new ones. As an important part of the Management Team, this role reports directly to the firm’s Partners and Business Director. This position requires residency in San Diego.
Position requires a candidate who can:
Prepare and deliver strategic communication and engagement plans that: thoughtfully consider the best way to involve stakeholders in the planning, environmental and construction phases of large infrastructure projects; create communications that are logically-structured, well-written and edited; secure new work with existing clients and new clients; work with our Management Team to develop scopes of work, monitor and meet goals, schedules and budgets for projects; and inspire the Service Team to deliver their best work.
Selected candidate will have:
- 15-20 years of experience in communications and stakeholder engagement services with 8 years minimum experience managing teams for a private sector agency or department to conceptualize, plan and implement stakeholder engagement programs for large infrastructure projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an enthusiasm for artful and correct language choices, as well as the ability to present in an engaging, direct and informative way
- A track record of success managing, mentoring and training staff to elicit their best performances and their engagement in the firm’s success and in their professional careers
- Management skills resulting in: meeting project goals, budgets and schedules, as well as increasing firm profitability
- Ability to forge strong client relationships resulting in return clients and increased awareness in the marketplace of the firm’s positive reputation
- Skill at strategically preparing work product using software including: Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, Adobe PDF editing tools, and a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign. Ability to use software to manage project delivery including: Monday.com, Microsoft Excel, ArchiOffice, Teams, Zoom and Outlook
- A bachelors degree in: English, communications, journalism, legal studies, political science or related degree
- Trainings or certifications from associations such as: the International Association of Public Participation, USA; International Association of Facilitators, or PRSA
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination as required by Firm’s contracts
In addition to collaborating on enriching work with a dynamic team of committed professionals, we reward our team members with benefits commensurate with skills, experience and accomplishments that include:
- Competitive salaries, paid time-off, 401k pension plan, medical & group disability insurance plans
- Professional development support for: participation in professional organizations, trainings and management coaching
- Team social events and outings
- State of the art computers and equipment
Please submit the following items in PDF format to be considered for this position: your cover letter and resume; your work samples to include a collateral piece that is no more than 5 pages and a communications and engagement plan. Submit the package to info@CityWorks.biz.
CityWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Writer and Editor
Love using the power of words to help our communities become more livable, sustainable and equitable? If so, we are looking for you! Civic-minded, energetic, creative and inter-disciplinary firm specializing in communication services seeks like-minded, strategic, skillful and experienced Senior Writer and Editor. If you thrive on writing and editing projects, working solo and creatively collaborating with a close-knit and dedicated team of professionals, then this is the perfect position for you. Specific interest and experience in developing and implementing public-facing information and behavior change campaigns and stakeholder involvement programs for water, energy, transportation and land projects is required. Candidate should enjoy working in a boutique firm and be a key player in helping it grow and retain clients from public agencies, public utilities and educational institutions. As an important part of the Management Team, this role reports directly to the firm’s Partners and Business Director.
POSITION REQUIRES A CANDIDATE WHO CAN:
Prepare and deliver strategic, creative work that is exceptionally well-written and edited; manage and mentor the support team to prepare this same work; help secure new work with existing clients and new clients through exceptional service delivery; help Managers develop scopes of work and monitor and meet schedules and budgets for projects; and lead the team in following our quality control and assurance process.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 12-20 years or experience writing and editing for communication projects and 10 years minimum working for a private sector business(es) that serve governmental and semi-governmental entities
- A bachelors degree in: English, World Literature or Communications
- Skill and experience writing and editing communications for public-facing informational and behavior change campaigns and also for stakeholder engagement efforts for the sectors noted above
- An enthusiasm and passion for writing and storytelling that strategically uses structure, voice and tone to imbue meaning and meets style guidelines
- Editing prowess that improves the meaning and clarity of copy through: correct grammar usage; consistency of voice and tone and terminology; factual accuracy; logical document and sentence structure; and readability
- Ability to present and collaborate in engaging, nurturing, direct and informative ways
- Skill at mentoring and training staff to grow their writing and editing skills
- Experience at effectively supporting Managers to meet project goals, budgets and schedules, keep work organized on the firm server and contribute meaningfully to the firm’s positive reputation and profitability
- Ability to strategically prepare work product using a variety of software including: MS Office Suite, Adobe PDF editing tools and Adobe InDesign; and contributing to project management using software like Teams, Monday.com, MS Excel and ArchiOffice
- Able to work remotely from San Diego, Los Angeles or San Francisco and able to join the team as needed at the San Diego main office.
We reward full time team members with salary and benefits commensurate with their skills, experience, disposition and results, including:
- Paid time-off; 401k program and firm contribution
- Medical and group disability insurance
- Resources to support networking, training and business coaching
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit: a PDF of your cover letter, resume, references, a writing example that is one page and one that is five pages in length. Submit the package to info@CityWorks.biz.
No recruiting agencies. CityWorks People + Places, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Associate - Stakeholder Engagement & Communications
Civic-minded, energetic, creative and inter-disciplinary firm specializing in stakeholder engagement and communication services seeks Associate with approximately 3-5 years of work experience. Candidate’s experience must be with a private sector firm that services public agencies that construct and manage transportation, land use, water and energy systems. Successful candidates will be strategic problem-solvers with a can-do attitude, effective collaborators, skilled at developing and implementing a range of stakeholder engagement methods and exceptional communicators in both written and verbal formats. The selected candidate will be part of a team that skillfully delivers services for the agencies and utilities that are creating a more sustainable world. This boutique firm provides career opportunities to work with some of the best and the brightest professionals in the stakeholder engagement, communications, marketing and design fields. Should you be selected to join this dynamic team, you would report directly to the firm’s Management Team and your talents would be relied on to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
The selected candidate will support preparation and deliver of a range of stakeholder engagement and communications tactics including: writing engagement and communication plans; coordinating special events; presenting ideas and progress directly to the firm’s Management Team; conducting outreach to the community and stakeholders both in-person and online, drafting presentations, newsletters, and eblasts; managing phone and email inquiries; visiting project sites and coordinating with construction project teams; working within set budget hours and project schedules to prepare and deliver work; and creating high quality project work in collaboration with the CityWorks team.
Successful candidate will have:
Approximately 3-5 years of related work experience in the stakeholder engagement and communications field at a private-sector firm
A passion for stakeholder engagement and communications with the industries CityWorks serves
A bachelors degree in: communications, marketing, journalism, political science or related field
Completed training with the International Association of Public Participation – preferred but not required
An ability to be part of an inter-disciplinary team as well as work independently
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an enthusiasm for artful and correct language choices
An ability to strategically plan ahead and to proactively coordinate with the Management Team
Strong skills with MS Office Suite and Apple computers and able to use Adobe InDesign and Acrobat editing tools
An interest in or current success with developing a professional network and participating in trainings and professional organizations
Proof of being fully vaccinated and a willingness to wear a mask in compliance with current CDC recommendations
The ability to work remotely and in-person with the team as well as conduct onsite outreach while meeting CDC recommendations as noted above
We reward our team members with salary and benefits commensurate with skills, experience, effort, accomplishments and ability to effectively and respectfully collaborate with all team members. Benefits include:
- Competitive salaries, paid time-off, sick leave, 401k pension plan, medical & group disability insurance plan
- Professional development support for: participation in professional organizations and trainings
- Office social events and outings
- State of the art computers and equipment
Submit the following items to be considered: a PDF of your cover letter, resume, professional references, and a writing sample that is 1-2 pages in length and another that is 10-20 pages in length. Submit these items to: info@CityWorks.biz.
CityWorks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.